April 17, 2008

"I love working in Kollywood":Kangana


The Bollywood heroine Kangana Ranaut is making her debut in South with Dhaam Dhoom. Sify.com caught up with the actress for a quick chat at the press meet held in Chennai

What was your experience working with director Jeeva?
It was wonderful and I am grateful to Jeeva Sir for introducing me to Tamil cinema. I’m here today only because of him. He is responsible for my career in Tamil films.

What is your role in the film?
I play Shenbaga, a village girl, opposite Jeyam Ravi.

How was it working with Ravi?
It was truly inspirational. Ravi is an actor who doesn’t think beyond his work, he is so totally immersed in it. I am not surprised at all that he is doing so well and that his film Santhosh Subramaniam is a hit. This film too will do very well. Ravi has a very bright future.

Have you seen any Tamil films?
Not really, since I don’t understand the language but I did see Ravi’s M Kumaran and Jayam. I try to understand but I could not ( smiles).

Would you like to do more Tamil films?
Why not? People here are so professional. They stick to timings and come on time and allow you to leave on time. This is so different from Mumbai films! No one here throws temper tantrums. I love working in Kollywood.

Any favourite dishes in South Indian fare?
I like the rice dishes and have tried some of the South Indian food.

What is your favourite track in the film?
I like the title track and I think it’s going to be a very big hit.

Have you signed any more Tamil films?
Not at the moment.

0 comments here!!!!:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin