May 26, 2008

Rani Mukherji to star as an Angel



Originally uploaded by naughty mulga
After playing the role of prostitutes in three recent movies, Rani Mukherji is lighting up the screen in a role that matches her real nature - that of an Angel.

In Kunal Kohli’s Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic (TPTM) for Yash Raj Films, Rani is pitted against Saif Ali Khan who plays a lonely businessman without a heart. He is saddled with four orphans who are thirsting for love and there enters into the picture the angel played by Rani Mukherji who helps to melt Saif’s heart and unite with the orphans as a family.

This sort of Christmas Scrooge and Mary Poppins like story will appeal to kids and to the kids inside adults. Rani says,” “Kunal Kohli’s Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic with Saif Ali Khan will be my first release of the year. I play a character straight out of fantasy. It’s tough playing an angel as I have to keep flying. I’m always in mid-air, pulled up by a harness, I feel like Hrithik in Krrish,”.

Speaking about Rani Mukherji, Kunal Kohli said her repertoire of work in the last few years has a varied range, which no other actress of recent times can match .

Rani has been selective, of late. “I would love to do four-five films a year, but I’m not happy with the scripts offered to me,” admits the actress who is also working on Yashraj’s next film with Shahid kapoor.

Whether she does films or not, Rani Mukherji says that her fans continue to love her. “They loved me then, when I did films like Ghulam and Bichoo, and they love me now when I’m playing an angel.”

Is she deliberately being reclusive? “No, I’m not,” she protests. “It’s just that the dos that I attend are not attended by the media. I’m more of a family person. After a day’s work, I prefer to go back to home to my niece Myeisha.”

On Saturday, the entire cast of TPTM treated children of a few Mumbai orphanages by arranging to sing and dance for them for an evening.

Commenting on the event Rani said,” Children always fascinate me and I enjoy being with them. They are the most beautiful creations of god.”

‘Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic’ is set to release on June 27

Source : newsline365.com

0 comments here!!!!:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin